Dollar Nail Art Floral Print

Can I Have a Spot of Tea with My English Rose?

Tuesday, August 09, 2011nail a college drop out

I recently bought a TON, okay 26, rolls of nail art foil from dollarnailart.com and one of my fast favorites was English Rose.

 *This and all other nail art foils available at dollarnailart.com are approximately 1 inch wide and 5 feet long.

Before I applied the foil I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Inst-Dri Whirlwind White. It claims to be a one coat polish and to dry really fast. While it does live up to the "Insta-Dri" part it was definitely a two coat-er for me.

After the polish dries you apply one layer of nail foil adhesive.  Wait 3 - 5 minutes for it to dry (it will still be tacky, but that's a good thing).

Carefully place the foil on the nail (shiny side up) and gently rub until the acetate backing starts to peel off on it's own. And then... *insert drum roll here*


Bam! Kick ass nails just like that! Apply one layer of clear top coat that IS NOT quick drying i.e. Seche Vite, let dry, then apply any no chip top coat of choice.

Enjoy my darlings! Love, Peace, and Polish!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. oh wow this one is very pretty :)

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! they look brilliant. Sounds quite easy too!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both! It is really simple and a WHOLE lot cheaper than those sally hanson salon effects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I may even be able to do that! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I wish I'd ordered more of the non-metallic ones when I got my foils a while ago, they're so much easier to work with, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for you to do mine!! *hint hint*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form